Our educators see and hear their students, and encourage them to create lives that speak with quiet and certain confidence.
Founded in 1961, SSFS offers a deep and rigorous academic curriculum, character education rooted in universal Quaker principles, and a diverse and international student body that reflects today's global community. SSFS sits on a pastoral 140-acre campus in the heart of Montgomery County, Maryland, midway between Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD - an ideal setting for intellectual contemplation and collaboration, athletic training, diverse extracurricular pursuits, outdoor exploration, urban excursion and personal growth. Our educators are subject matter experts with a continuing thirst for learning. They are progressive; they are kind; they are patient and encouraging; they promote experiential and outdoor learning; they utilize the nearby cities as cultural resources and valuable urban centers; they educate the entire student; they take an active interest in their students, finding meaning and Truth in their lives; they participate in an active decision-making process that involves consensus-building; they respect everyone in a diverse and international setting; and they promote the universal values that form the social fabric of our school. They look for the Light within each child, and respond to their students' styles in ways that support and elicit their best efforts. Education is their passion, and they embrace an environment in which professional development is encouraged. They promote an outstanding academic atmosphere and a safe space in which students, faculty, and parents operate as partners to cultivate academic understanding, social responsibility, and personal growth for all.
If this is the type of individual you are, we would like to talk to you.
Health & Wellness
- Medical Insurance: Offering PPO, HMO, as well as high-deductible plans that include a health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness program offerings including chair massages, on-site flu clinic, biometric screenings, zumba, and yoga
- Use of School's fitness room
- 403(b) retirement plan with generous School matching contribution
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Maternity and paternity leave available
- Discounted summer camp programs
- Discounted aftercare during school year
- Discounted legal assistance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Annual Professional Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement opportunity
- Employee education/professional development grants
Full benefits available to employees working 30 hours or more a week. Partial benefits available for employees working a minimum of 20 hours.